I'd all but abandoned this place... My last journal was 7 months ago, and my last art submission, well, I don't even know how long ago that was. I'm still not sure if I'm going to have my exodus from Sheezy or if I'm going to slowly start uploading again. I'm definitely not staging my dramatic return. I don't like this place well enough to do that. There are a lot of trolls here, an' thassafact.
So. I guess an updated journal can't hurt too bad. It's a new year, and I'm more than ready to wipe the slate clean and try something new.
Last year had its ups and downs for me. My grandmother passed away at the age of 80-something....84-88, I am ashamed I do not remember her exact age, but it was quite up there. She was a sweet woman who dreamed of seeing her mother and father and all her many sisters again.
My mother's best friend, rest her soul, got breast cancer and fought bravely for many long months. She passed just three days after giving her testimony speech. Sometimes I think I still feel her presence. I learned how to make yeast bread from scratch and gave a loaf to her husband this Christmas. It was a small gesture that can't really help in the long run, but I heard he liked yeast bread and knew him just well enough that it would be alright to send a small gift. I really hope he'll be alright. I wish something could have been done to save his wife, but it just became too aggressive, too fast. It went into her brain and she started having siezures and falling, you see. She just...fell asleep and didn't wake up.
I lost 8 pounds over the summer due to these stresses, and I had some trouble with my thyroid problem. Family trouble spiked and kept me ridiculously uncomfortable...
...but just recently, my thyroid doctor told me the pre-cancerous lump they found and biopsied one of these past summers was completely gone. You have no idea the weight that lifted off my shoulders.
I've also made some good friends. They communicate well with me, and I with them. I feel that we have a good, solid bond most of the time.
I feel that my art style has gone in the direction I always wanted, and I'm getting good at hands at last! (Better than I was, anyway. xD) My tablet broke, but I've kept sketching. Maybe I'll give real painting a shot, or get out those colored pencils...
Tankadin, my WoW comic, has to be stalled thanks to tablet troubles. HOWEVER, I began writing it! So I'm always making progress on it. I'm not giving up, because I love my cast, and they deserve to have finished what I started.
What else....OH. We got a beautiful new dog. 1/2 Alaskan Husky, 1/2 Malamute. He's got black fur, white legs and feet and face, a black bandit mask, a fluffy tail, and beautiful ice-blue eyes. My brother named him Cole. Or Coal. It's the same sound, not sure of the spelling. He's very affectionate, if not a little whiny. xD His last family couldn't afford to feed him, and so we got him through some episode of him escaping and being seen as a stray for a month, then the owners sneaking into our yard to take him instead of just telling us "hey that's our dog ", and it was just...ugh. Lots of drama. So we offered to buy the dog and they said okay. He'll be fed and played with and taken very good care of here at my house.
Whew, that's a lot of stuff. I hadn't meant to speak so much on the last year. I'll just cut to the chase. I have a few resolutions that I want to write down, and I don't mind if they are public.
1) Revive my goal of learning more than one language. I used to enjoy intellectual pursuits, but then I shoved them aside in favor of things people don't usually value. I want to learn those languages simply for the joy of being able to communicate with those people and their cultures. I have the smarts to do it, why waste it?
2) Practice really hard at my piano lessons I'm taking now. I had goals to be a professional musician at one time; I want that goal back.
3) Continue drawing and studying anatomy. I'm happy with my progress, but I don't want it to stop here.
4) Take it seriously--I have been given a chance to learn professional seamstress work at a local sewing shop. So far, I've made a cute apron, a cape, two pillows of varying degrees of difficulty, and finally a dress! I'm learning fast, so I believe I must have a talent for sewing. I'd love to learn this skill so that I can start making epic cosplays. xD (This was how I got my white mage suit I'll upload pics when it's finished.)
5) Be more open and expressive with my thoughts and feelings, learn to let go of the negativity. I don't have to hate myself or who I am just because some people don't like me. I can't please everyone, nor should I even try. This entire past year, I learned how to examine myself and find the areas I didn't quite like, and then I worked on changing them. I did a good job, so it's time to start socializing a little.
6) Just forget the stupid things. I fixed everything to the best of my ability, so it's time to move on. My slate is wiped clean!
7) Make memories and document them, so I never forget the stages my life has gone through.
I have a lot of pics I made but never uploaded due to general distaste for the troll problem here, but..........we'll see, I guess. I may try uploading them just for the sake of reclaiming my space.
hullo there! i was browsing for people to invite to this new club i made when i stumbled upon your page.
youve got some seriously neat stuff. i know there arent many members to my club yet, but im hoping that will change.
please give it a look and see if youre interested: http://clubs.sheezyart.com/_the_whateverthehellyagot/